Here are Netflix's most-binged originals of 2018
Plus, the stars who made the biggest virtual splash
This year has been a big one for Netflix originals, and as 2018 comes to an end, the streaming platform has rounded up its most popular titles. So if you re-watched 'To All the Boys I've Loved Before' and thought no one would notice, you were wrong!
A few of the most popular Netflix original TV shows were long-awaited subsequent seasons, such as the second season of 'Making a Murderer,' or the sixth season of 'Orange Is the New Black.' Obviously both perfect for those many happy nights spent staying in and gasping at your screen.
The new horror series 'The Haunting of the Hill House' made the list, which also saw the hotly debated 'Insatiable,' which faced a lot of criticism even before it was released for over accusations of blatant fat-shaming and perpetuating eating disorders.
Here's the top 10 Netflix original TV shows, as reported by Hypebae:
- 'On My Block'
- 'Making a Murderer: Part 2'
- '13 Reasons Why: Season 2'
- 'Last Chance U: INDY'
- 'Fastest Car'
- 'The Haunting of Hill House'
- 'Anne with an E: Season 2'
- 'Orange Is the New Black: Season 6'
As for movies, the top two re-watched Netflix original films were 'The Kissing Booth,' followed by 'To All the Boys I've Loved Before,' both of which are high school love stories. 'Roxanne Roxanne,' a film about a fierce teenager from the projects determined to become a hip-hop legend came in third place. All three of the most re-watched movies were about teens, which may either say something about the age range most inclined to re-watch movies, or it might detail a peculiar obsession the world has with young people.
The platform also interestingly revealed the stars that saw the biggest boost of Instagram followers over the course of the year. To no surprise, the Fab Five from 'Queer Eye' topped the list.
- The Fab Five ('Queer Eye')
- Lana Condor ('To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before')
- Joel Courtney ('The Kissing Booth')
- Miguel Herrán ('Elite'/'La Casa de Papel')
- Jaime Lorente Lopez ('Elite'/'La Casa de Papel')
- Maria Pedraza ('Elite'/'La Casa de Papel')
- Noah Centineo ('To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before')
- Joey King ('The Kissing Booth')
- Hannah Gadsby ('Nanette')
- Kiernan Shipka ('Chilling Adventures of Sabrina')
View this post on Instagram
Actor Noah Centineo was also the fifth-most Googled actor in the world this year.
CELEBRITY Tech news
TRAVEL Climate change