5 things to know before traveling to Mexico
Mexico is one of the most beautiful countries to explore. From incredible food to a gorgeous coastline, there are so many reasons to head to the Baja for your next getaway. However, as with any international trip, it is important to be prepared and understand the necessary precautions to ensuring a pleasant vacation. Here are 5 things to know before traveling to Mexico:
1. Never eat unwashed produce. While this is important in every country, it is especially pertinent in Mexico. Don't be afraid to indulge in delicious street tacos, just be sure to double check that the veggies are washed before.
2. Don't order Tex-Mex food. If you want a chimichanga, go to San Antonio. There are so many delicious dishes to indulge in while visiting Mexico. Stick to what is authentic and don't be afraid to try some delicacies.
3. Always test the salsa. Mexican locals can handle the heat. Even if someone says "it's not that spicy," you could end up with swollen lips and teary eyes for the following two hours.
4. Don't the drink tap water and avoid ice cubes. Resorts and many sit-down restaurants will have bagged ice that comes from filtered water, but unless you are sure, don't test the fate of your stomach and keep your drinks off the rocks. This also includes smoothies and iced coffees!
5. Learn a few Spanish phrases. While many people do speak English, being able to communicate in the local language is a great way to show respect for the culture and expand your horizons along the way!
HEALTH Circadian rhythm